Wednesday 4 January 2012

Planet Of The Apes (2001)

Hello Bitchin' Followers!

So it's January 4th, 4 days into the new year! Lets hope its going well for everyone so far! Now i had a couple of hours spare this morning and i noticed that Planet of The Apes was about to start on the movie channel and because i watched the newer 'The Rise of The Planet of The Apes', i thought it would be interesting to watch the prequels sequel! 


To start off, I've seen this movie before but it was so long ago, i couldn't remember much of what actually happened in the movie although i knew the basics. 

The film itself i would rate a 6/10. It was nowhere near as good as what i remembered and left many unanswered questions linked to the prequel that was released late last year. Now im not a huge Planet of The Apes fan and i know there has been many more films in this franchise than the 2001 and 2011 films but at the moment im not too convinced about watching them.

What did you guys think of Planet of The Apes (2001) and The Rise of The Planet of The Apes (2011)? Should i watch the other movies and will they explain many of the holes left in the story?


Stay Bitchin' Peeps!       
                                 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133152/

30 comments:

  1. It`s been quite a long time since I saw Planet of the Apes. I must have been 10 or 11 back then. But I do remember finding it pretty good.
    I haven`t seen the sequel yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sequal is very good, recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your 6, but I've heard that the new one isn't very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really enjoyed the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie, the old and new versions are great!
    +followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 6/10 is fair. I was rather disapointed in it and I'm a big Tim Burrton fan and appreciator of the Planet of the Apes Films. The new one was pretty enjoyable.
    The first one is fucking awesome. It's pretty dated so to be able to enjoy it you'll have to be able to appreciate how original it was at the time and how influential it is. Rod Serling is a genius. So it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys :)

    Yeah im a large Tim Burton fan as well but this film just didnt fully hit it with me.

    Also, think ill give the original a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the original ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mostly remember being generally uninterested with the recent Apes flicks... I liked the old ones though because they were ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't care much for Tim Burton's remake, but the newer film I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didnt like the 2010 plant of the apes I liked the old one better

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a good movie dude but i think they went a little overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe it's more than 10 years since that movie was release. Oh I'm getting old. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. greeeat post amazing blog =) follow

    ReplyDelete
  15. the first movie was a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen any of them before so no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never seen the first one :/
    Will definitely be seeing it soon though. Hopefully..

    Following!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was an ok movie. Nothing too great..

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a good movie + following :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Only watched the first one, im eager to watch the rest though because i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thought it was a great prequel and there seems to be a sea of them at the moment but this one stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really liked that film when I first watched it. Probably because it was so much better than the original Planet of the Apes one with Charlton Heston in it, which really sucked because he is such a lousy actor.

    ReplyDelete