Saturday 7 January 2012

My Top 10 Songs. Part 1.

Some of you may already know this but if not, i am an absolutely huge music fan. I love music but specifically heavy metal / metal / rock / glam rock / glam metal music. This mostly ranges between the 80's to now, but my specific taste is the 80's.


So i thought today i would do a countdown of my top 10 songs of all time. Part 1 will contain from numbers 10 - 6 of my favourite songs of all time. I think that eventually i will also do a top 10 albums countdown, depending on how well this is perceived.


Well, lets get started!

10. Gunz n Roses - November Rain



 

We're starting off strong with one of the greatest songs that Gunz n Roses ever wrote, in my opinion anyway. This is one of the most famous rock bands of its era, reaching platinum status for many of its albums. November Rain is an awesome music video which was well directed. Only problem is i never understand how so many people can fit into such a small church?

9. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me


Def Leppard, an awesome british band! Enough said! I saw this band live last year at a festival and they were almost perfect with their songs and just as good now as they were 25 years ago. Whats even more amazing is the drummer only has one arm and continues drumming perfectly. He lost his arm in a terrible accident but he should be an inspiration to anyone, never give up no matter how bleak things appear.

8. Aerosmith - Dont Wanna Miss A thing


Amazing ballad by an amazing band. I first heard this song watching the film 'Armageddon' which is one of my most favourite films of all time! No matter what genre of music you love or hate, there is no way anybody could hate this song. Pure genius.

7. Steel Panther - If You Really Really Love Me


This is my favourite band. I've seen them live back in 2009 and they are absolutely amazing. Their sole aim is to bring heavy metal back into the modern music scene. I think they are doing a great job personally! As the bassist says, its not just how you play the instruments, you gotta look bitchin' when playing them!

6. Taproot - Fractured (Everything i said was true)


Great song. Great music video. Not my usual type of music i would really enjoy, i'd admit, but this song just makes me want to listen to it over and over again! Taproot are an extremely underrated band and i would recommend to everyone just to try them out, you might be surprised.

Well that's it for now, check back later and i'll have the final 5 of my favourite songs of all time. Expect the unexpected peeps!

So, tell me, what is your favourite song? Why is it your favourite?

Stay Bitchin' Peeps. 

35 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I like soome of these. I thiknk November Rain would be in my top 10 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up for #9!!!

    actually thumbs up for most of it really, you have good taste in music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard rock fan, huh?
    you like some fastway, man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I like November rain neat song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. November Rain is great, looking forward to the album list though. Always thought that was more interesting as it requires more from the artist to make every track sound good than just the one song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vulcan, Never heard of it, will look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I love Aerosmith :D. Great movie too, armageddon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great songs ;D
    PS : my favorite song from Guns n Roses is ,, Don't cry''

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice list, ill definately check back for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite of those is "Don't wanna miss a thing".. just really great love song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the music

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks alot for the comments guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really my genre, but this music is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not liking Taproot or Def Leppard but the rest is all good stuff, looking forward to top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Warriors! Come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all good classic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice list, I love this type of music too. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Number 8 is my favorite of these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tracks - especially November Rain

    ...following

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the comments guys :D

    ReplyDelete