Friday 13 January 2012

Limitless (2011) - Review

Hey Bitches!

Since i havent had much time lately to do whatever i wanted, i decided that tonight i'll snuggle into bed and watch a film i've been excited about watching since i saw the trailer, Limitless. 



Now to start off, i was really looking forward to watching this film and i honestly thought this was going to be a 10/10 movie straight away but i was slightly thrown off by the whole concept. Let me explain but be wary of SPOILERS.


The film had a slow start and wasn't quite how i expected. I always like a film which starts off at the end and then explains how it got there in the first place and on that mention, i think it went really well how they pulled the story together, but like i said before, the concept wasn't exactly... Fantastic.


Basically, this guy has a shit life and he's a slob wanting to be a writer. He meets up with his ex girlfriends brother and is given a drug which apparently uses the other 80% of the human brain which normally isn't used, giving him super intelligence. First off, i have no idea why anyone would take a strange looking pill off someone as dodgy looking as this dealer but anyway, he took the pill and everything was going great for him and the film ended on a good note (not going into too much details as i don't want to ruin too much for people.


But the way the film was going, i honestly thought that it was going to be one of those films that ended in tragedy, with the main character actually dying. I think this probably would have been the better option because i think the 'happy, yey everything is great' ending made the whole thing look... Tacky.


I would give this film a total rating of... 6/10.


The idea was good but it just seemed poorly executed and in some places, corny. Half way through the film i was constantly checking how long was left because i was getting bored with the long windness of it and all the blurry, trippy scenes made my head hurt. 


In short, it was an alright movie which began getting dull. 


Have any of you guys seen this movie and what is your opinions of it?


Stay Bitchin' Peeps!

24 comments:

  1. I loved that movie. Watched it more than once as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, also I'm not sure sure the ending really was that happy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree. I mean, he was on his way to presidency

      Delete
  3. I found it quite entertaining. But wouldn`t give it more than 6 out of 10 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about netflixing this movie, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 100th member is ME!!

    Thank me anytime you want! lol

    www.noisediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangit now I have to watch it. I thought the concept of using 80% more of the brain was a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the movies that I always thought about watching but never really set aside time to do so. I might watch it tomorrow now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I watched this movie with my girl a bit ago, I thought it should have been renamed Plothole: The Movie. Like, they touched on it at the end, but early on in the movie I was thinking "why doesn't he just learn to make it if he's so damn smart" and a bunch of other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might watch it sometime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was a lot of fun. it reminds me very much of what it felt like when i was rolling balls on some poke balls and some other stuff hah
    very fun movie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i might watch this. thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give 999 of that pill. This movie is one that makes you thing about "what would you do if....". I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah amazing movie most see

    ReplyDelete
  14. yea really enjoyed this film and would love to get on it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have seen it, the 80% more brainpower idea was interesting, but they could have done more with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. More into horror/action/sci-fi but this movie looks interesting, might watch it when i got a lot of free time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I dont watch many movies but I didnt mind this one... IT was interesting

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would give it 2 points higher personally

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with that review. To me, I found I had a hard time staying interested in it. But still an interesting movie.

    ReplyDelete